Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Update

It has been a while since my last post, so here are some updates about Jackson: he has started fully crawling (no flopping) and pulling himself up to a standing position, he understands the word "no" and cries when ever we say it to him, and he has really attached himself to Alex's parents and now cries whenever they leave the room.  He is no longer sleeping through the night.  This part sucks, but since Alex is here to help me, it makes it OK.

Alex and I have come to an arrangement for deciding who has to get up with Jackson and when.  We take turns who gets up with him in the morning and the other person gets to sleep in. The person that gets to sleep in is the one that has to get up with Jackson if he wakes up in the middle of the night. Its been pretty good recently because he will only wake up once and it is normally before Alex or I actually fall asleep.

Updates on teaching:  I have signed and turned in my contract, which means I am officially an employee of the Grand Coulee Dam School District! Yay!  I also got an email a few days ago about the new building.  I will get to tour it on August 15, and then (assuming all goes as planned) I will be able to start setting up my classroom starting on September 2, with the first day of school being September 15.  I couldn't be more excited.  Its weird to think though that if I were still in Alaska working at my old school, I would be returning to work tomorrow, meaning my summer would be over.  Thank goodness I have another month plus to spend at home with my baby boy!

Update on Alex:  Alex has been offered a position as a Journeyman Electrician at a company in Moses Lake (about 1.5 hour commute).  Unfortunately he can't begin working there until he gets his Journeyman card for Washington State which can take a very, VERY long time.  Ugh.  I guess its good though because it means that he and I get to spend our days together with Jackson.

I joined a mommy group.  So far I have gone to Spring Canyon (local swimming location on Lake Roosevelt) with them.  While there, I got to meet the man that teacher P.E. and Weights at the high school.  It was nice talking with him about what teachers are still around and who have retired.

Well, that was a lot, but I figured I should update you all.  Hopefully I will get on again soon and keep it up to date, but right now I can hear Jackson being to stir, so thanks for reading, and I will update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment