Tuesday, July 15, 2014

7 Month Old Flying

I was offered the 2nd grade teaching position in Grand Coulee on June 4th.  I happily accepted the position and Alex and I started planning the big move from Alaska to Washington.  We had already purchased airline tickets to fly down to Grand Coulee for vacation leaving on July 1st, so we decided that the best plan of action would be to keep those tickets, fly down, and change my return ticket to my father-in-law's name.  They would then fly back up to Alaska, pack the Uhaul, and drive all of our belongings and our two pups down to Washington.  This meant, that between June 4 and July 1, I was packing nonstop (that is, at least whenever Jackson would let me).  Everything needed to be packed by the time that we left for Washington on July 1, and thus, my house started to look like this:

 




 

We finished pack just hours before we left for the flight on July 1.  I was really worried about Jackson on the plane.  He did really good in the airport, and even fell asleep in his stroller while waiting to board for our flight.







Once we got on the plane, Jackson was wide awake, and I was stressed.  But he really enjoyed looking out the window at the clouds.










He finally feel asleep about an 1 1/2 hours into the flight.  Thank goodness, because he was getting very fussy and I was getting very stressed.  Once he fell asleep, he was out for the entire flight and woke up only once we were on the train in Seattle and a group of flight attendants all burst out laughing.  I hope to never fly with a baby again, way too stressful!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment